Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 8, 2011

Beer: Hop Czar, BridgePort Brewing Co.

BridgePort was created in 1984, and claims to be Oregon's oldest craft brewery. It is best know for the BridgePort IPA, which has won many medals both domestically and abroad.

On this fine Mother's Day, I went for a walk with my newly-adoptive Portland family, The Bozigars, in the West Hills. We saw a lot of interesting houses, climbed many an urban stair, and eventually ended up at the Pittock Mansion overlooking the entire city. We all got soaked on the way down because of a freak downpour.

Seeing as we were all hungry, we dropped into BridgePort for bite. I ordered Hop Czar to go with my delicious pulled pork sandwich.

Hop Czar is an Imperial IPA, or a double. However, I didn't see why exactly. It tasted like a basic IPA, with nothing aggressive or bold on the palate. I guess this makes sense though, since I remember thinking that their normal IPA was rather weak.

Music:

I heard this song as part of the warm-up mix at JELD-WEN Field when the fans were coming in for the Timbers game. I had totally forgotten about it. Enjoy "The Underdog" by Spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment